Technical assistance for the works included the following activities:
- Follow-up to proceedings:
- Elaboration of a photographic report of the whole work.
- Monitoring of compliance with the construction guidelines established by the Directorate-General for Roads.
- Supervision of work:
- Establishment of the construction guidelines necessary for the proper execution of the works.
- Elaboration and monitoring of the Quality Control Plan for materials.
- Elaboration of the valued list of units executed, whether they are part of the initial budget as justification of new prices.
- Control of labour, machinery and materials used on the site.
- Technical supervision of the calculations supporting the construction project.
The works carried out consisted of the structural repair of the piles and piles of the viaduct access to the Port of Valencia from the V-30, P.K. 0+316 and, in particular, the procedure consisted of:
- The creation of a watertight enclosure in each of the piles.
- Damage assessment by laboratory tests, chopping, cleaning and passivation of the reinforcement of damaged surfaces.
- Reinforcement and/or repair of the concrete by means of recreated mortar of the section according to structural calculations.
- Surface protection of concrete against carbonation.