A Floodability Study of the San Miguel River and areas with geomorphological hazards due to the formation of wetlands was carried out in the Doña Blanca Golf de Torreblanca urbanization. To this end, the following processes were carried out:
- Development of a detailed Floodability Study, which contained the following documentation:
- Pseudo-distributed hydrological study in Hec-HMS of the San Miguel River for different return periods (T25, T100 and T500).
- Study of historical and geomorphological floods.
- Two-dimensional hydraulic study for the different avenues established in the hydrological study and determination of the preferred flow zone, both for the current state – i.e. prior to the urbanization – and for the future state, considering the new developments.
- The following tasks were carried out in the process of drafting the study:
- Field visit to verify the state of the riverbed in the study environment and to sketch the boundary conditions that must be taken into account in the hydraulic simulation.
- Approach of integrated remedial measures in the urbanization, based on the philosophy of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS), as a proposal to control the affliction to third parties that may be taken by the development of the urbanization in the future state.
The mapping of the LiDAR 2×2 m2 project (2009) available on the IGN website was used as a basis for the Digital Land Modelling, which was merged with the MDEs of the land considering the urbanization to consider the future state.