The area of action is the surroundings of the Almaty Railway Station in Kazakhstan, which occupies
an area of 31,953 m2, the objective is to improve the existing traffic in the area and to incorporate
paid parking areas.
The proposals presented will manage motorized and pedestrian traffic in Almaty Square, controlling
vehicle entry by means of barriers and automatic charging systems and widening pedestrian areas
for better accessibility and to ensure safe routes for pedestrian access.
The study includes the evaluation of different alternatives for the location of
parking areas as well as for traffic and pedestrians.
The study analyzes the following aspects:
- 1. Study of the different payment and control systems for parking areas and
- 2. Study of the different control systems for restricting the circulation of
public vehicles and their evaluation.
- 3. Study of the different alternatives for the location of paid parking lots and
passenger pick-up points for private vehicles.
- 4. Study of the location of trolleybus circulation and location of stops.
- 5. Study of the location of parking for buses and other public vehicles.
- 6. Study of the signage of the square and valuation of the same.
Type of services provided
- Compilation of documentation
- Traffic Study
- Study of alternatives
- Economic feasibility study
Drafting of the appraised report:
- Proposed traffic distribution
- Evaluation of each of the proposals
- General plan
- Street furniture
- Lane separation and access control