Among the actions that the Department of Territorial Policy, Public Works and Mobility wants to promote is the restoration of old railway lines, with the aim of promoting the development of sustainable mobility models.
The project aims to interconnect the towns of Carcaixent, La Pobla Llarga, Manuel-L’Énova and Xàtiva by means of a 16 km long cycle-pedestrian corridor, taking advantage of the 9.5 km of the abandoned railway line between La Pobla Llarga and Xàtiva.
The work was carried out in the following phases:
- Phase I: Preliminary work and study of solutions.
- Phase II: Arrangements with the various agencies concerned and service companies of the solution adopted.
- Phase III: Drafting of the Construction Project.
- Previous studies of Topography, Geology-Geotechnics, Traffic, Planning and Environmental Affections.
- Design of the layout of the greenway.
- Calculation of the Drainage.
- Rehabilitation of structures (Río Albaida, Rio Canyoles and Barranco Els Carnissers).
- New structures (bridge over Barxeta Barranco, underpasses, walls, etc.).
- Dimensioning of the Drainage.
- Dimensioning of Firms and Pavements.
- Design of Recreational Areas and Alignment Gardening.
- Replacement of affected services.