The work carried out consisted of the preparation of the Environmental Impact Study according to the terms of reference issued by the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources (MARN), including:
- Description of the project and its alternatives.
- Study of the legal and environmental regulations applicable to the activity.
- Description, characterization and quantification of the current environment, physical, biological and socio-economic components, site and area of influence (environment). This section includes: geology, geomorphology, seismicity, hydrology and river hydraulics, soils, climate, air quality, vulnerability of aquifers, analysis of flora and fauna (including field work with transects) and socioeconomic analysis.
- Identification, prioritization, prediction and quantification of environmental impacts. – Benefit analysis — cost, profitability and efficiency, considering technical, economic, social and environmental factors.
- Environmental management programme.
- Monitoring programme.
- Economic assessment and implementation schedule.