The work involved monitoring and improving the study of the needs and resources of Zone XVII and its interaction with demography, geology, hydrology, urban planning, transport constraints and protected natural areas, in order to obtain suitable areas for the location of waste recovery and disposal facilities in the region. The analysis and diagnosis of the information resulted in the drafting of the Zonal Plan.
Waste facilities in Zone XVII must be able to treat 275,000 tonnes/year of Solid Waste
Urban mass, this figure being equivalent to a population of 265,199 inhabitants.
The other operations to be carried out by treatment plants are as follows:
- Valuation of selective organic matter of 48,000 Tm/year.
- Recovery of pruning and gardening waste of 4,000 Tm/year.
- Disposal of waste or non-recoverable fractions of 121,000 Tm/year.
- Classification and treatment of furniture, mattresses and other items of 2.000 Tm/year.
- Classification of waste electrical and electronic equipment of 5,300 Tm/year.
- Management of construction and demolition waste of 57,000 Tm/year.
Type of services provided
Review and amendment of technical documentation:
- Demographic study.
- Study of waste generation.
- Geological – geotechnical study.
- Environmental impact study.
- Urban planning study.
- Hydrological and hydraulic study.
- Study of land uses.
- Acoustic study.
- Study of the availability of resources.
Drafting of the administrative clauses and prerequisites of Zonal Plan XVII.