As part of its programme to increase energy production, the Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) has initiated the construction of a number of power plants throughout the country. One of the new plants, which has been in operation since March 2012, is located in the city of Keraniganj in Dhaka District.
The power plant has a capacity of 100 MW and the construction project included the urbanization of the plot of 30,000 m2, as well as the construction of various buildings adjacent to the plant, such as those intended for staff, maintenance, control building, fuel treatment, etc. The facilities also included a substation and a storage area, as well as other ancillary facilities such as a drinking water tank, oil separator, scales, access control booth, etc.
Within the set of works to be carried out for the commissioning of the plant VIELCA INGENEROS, S.A.
prepared documentation for the following facilities:
- Erosion control plan prior to the start of works
- Movement of land on the plot
- Design of floors and pavements
- Drinking water network and reservoir
- Sanitation network and septic tank
- Rainwater network, grease separator and relief tank
- Lighting network
INTERIOR FACILITIES BUILDINGS:
- Drinking water network and plumbing
- Sanitation network
- Rainwater network
- Grounding network