The project consists of the construction of the second municipal solid waste disposal cell of a
waste treatment plant and has a budget of approximately €1,721,157.68.
The main features of the work are:
- The landfill serves a population equivalent to 180,000 inhabitants corresponding to the
Zonal Waste Plan of Zone XIII of the Valencian Community.
- Land movement of 92,217 m3 in excavations, 28,940 m3 in backfills and
48,066 m3 in embankments.
- 1,198 m of leachate drainage pipes and 925 m of storm drainage pipes.
- Waterproofing of the landfill with:
- 45,092 m2 of HDPE sheets.
- 14,470 m3 of clays with permeability less than 10-9 m/s
- 90,183 m2 of geotextiles.
- Fills of 14,470 m3 with draining gravel.
At the same time, two pumping stations have been implemented to collect leachate and stormwater and transfer it to the appropriate ponds for storage prior to treatment or management.
The extraction of gases from the landfill has been proposed by means of extraction pipes, the first sections of which have been executed and protected by gravel columns.
Type of services provided
Drafting of Project:
- Memory and Attachments.
- Specific Technical Requirements.
- Environmental Impact Study.
Construction Site Management:
- Topography of the works.
- Monitor the progress of work.
- Quality control.
- Study of quarries.
- Environmental control.
Health and Safety Coordination:
- To ensure that the undertakings involved in the work comply with the principles of
prevention and the requirements of the health and safety plan.
- Check the correct application of the working methodologies
described in the project.