Work on a drinking water treatment plant is being carried out in the municipality of Loriguilla, which is currently supplied by a drinking water treatment plant using reverse osmosis.
The project aims to develop a solution to deal with the following situations:
- Stopped by any cause of the osmosis plant.
- Depletion of allotted well water flows.
It is also intended to take advantage of the different times of the year when the water of the Turia guarantees adequate quality conditions so that it does not have to be treated by Reverse Osmosis, thus optimizing energy consumption.
The treatment line developed in the drinking water treatment plant project for the municipality of Loriguilla consists of:
- Pump for the drive from the DN600 pipeline -which comes from the irrigation pond- to the water treatment plant. (New)
- Underground pipe of HDPE DN110 for conduction of the flow driven by the pump to the water
treatment plant. (New)
- Dosage of sodium hypochlorite (pre-oxidation) in the DN110 pipe. (New)
- Discharge of the flow through the DN110 pipe into the existing raw water tank, to increase the contact time of oxidizing reagent. (New)
- Pumping from the raw water tank to the treatment vessel by means of pumps.
- In-line coagulant dosing in the inlet conduit to existing sand filter. (New)
- Filtration by sand filter.
- Filtration by activated carbon filter. (New)
- Chlorination of filtered water.
- Discharge to treated water tank.
- Supply to network.