The works are aimed at the environmental adequacy of the aquatic ecosystems present in the area and have a budget of approximately €1,388,260.54.
The objectives of the actions are:
- Favour the development of biological communities, enhancing the recovery of endangered species in these environments.
- Promote the educational use of the space created, providing it with the necessary infrastructure for its interpretation.
- To ensure the future preservation of the environment, guaranteeing its incorporation as a reserve area in which typical natural environments are developed.
The solution adopted consists of the following actions:
- Definition of the channel of the Poyo ravine by means of perimeter dots and different purification ponds, at the height of its mouth in the Albufera de Valencia.
- The defined areas are vegetated with riparian and marsh species, thus defining the different purification conditions.
- Taking into account the seasonality of the rains in the region, and therefore the flows evacuated by the ravine, a pumping station is implemented to guarantee the filling of the different lagoons throughout the year and to preserve the vegetation.
- A visitor reception area and an interpretive path are being implemented, so as to facilitate access to the public. The itinerary has three rustic wooden bridges that cross the distribution channels between lagoons, interpretive panels, bird observatories, visitor information center, rest area and jetties.
Type of services provided
Technical Assistance to the Site Management:
- Topography of the works.
- Monitor the progress of work.
- Quality control.
- Study of quarries and waste management.
- Environmental control.
Health and Safety Coordination:
- To ensure that the undertakings involved in the work comply with the principles of prevention and the requirements of the health and safety plan.
- Check the correct application of the working methodologies described in the project.