The works are developed from Caudete de las Fuentes to the Forata Reservoir, in an approximate length of 11 km and with a budget of 2,580.226.07 €.
The region through which the Magro River flows in the reference section is mainly agricultural, with a preponderance of grape cultivation and livestock holdings. It includes important towns such as Requena and Utiel (21,000 and 12,000 inhabitants, respectively), where the industries dedicated to the processing of both products are concentrated, wine and meat companies.
Under these premises, it can be expected that the bed of the Magro River will contain sediment accumulated during the period when treatment of sanitary water was not carried out, which prevents the development of vegetation and aquatic species.
The solution adopted consists of the following actions:
- Enhanced biological treatment of sludge to increase the consumption of organic matter and reduce associated water quality problems (decrease in dissolved oxygen, eutrophication, death of aquatic species, etc.).
- Restoration of riparian vegetation, with native species.
- Rehabilitation of roads, to promote the use of the river in its entirety.
- Installation of recreational and educational areas and didactic signs.
Type of services provided
Drafting of Construction Project:
- Memory and Attachments.
- Specific Technical Requirements.
- Safety and Health Study.
- Environmental Impact Study.
Technical Assistance to the Site Management:
- Topography of the works.
- Monitor the progress of work.
- Quality control.
- Study of quarries and waste management.
- Environmental control.
Health and Safety Coordination:
- To ensure that the undertakings involved in the work comply with the principles of
prevention and the requirements of the health and safety plan.
- Check the correct application of the working methodologies
described in the project.