The project consisted of setting up a green filter in the middle of the Natural Park of the Albufera de
Valencia, with the aim of collecting water from the Barranco del Poio and the Canal del Puerto de Catarroja, in order to purify it
before returning it to the Lake of the Albufera.
Maintenance elements such as replacement of chips, adaptation of facilities, etc. were included in these
works. In the above-mentioned space, the green filter was also used to enhance space at a scientific and environmental level,
working on the following aspects:
- Writing of Sociological Study by the University of Valencia
- Drafting of a study on the evolution of the physical-chemical quality of water by the Polytechnic University of Valencia
- Drafting of a study on the evolution of the biological quality of water, by the University of Valencia
- Writing of Arthropod Study by the University of Valencia.
- Birdwatching by the NGO SEO BirdLife
In addition, custody was given to the NGOs SEO BirdLife and Acció Ecologista Agró, which managed the public use for outreach activities and environmental education, through visits by schoolchildren, and volunteer activities.
The coordination of the Management and Research Report, which compiled all the first-year knowledge collected by the Universities, and the impact of social use managed by NGOs, was supervised.
The budget for the works amounts to €1,159,615.55.
Type of services provided
- Monitoring of implementation
- Geometric control of works
- Quality control
- Economic control
Technical assistance in the implementation of scientific and
- Coordination of technical briefs
- Support for the coordination of scientific entities
- Monitoring of NGO management reports.
Collaboration in the elaboration of Dissemination material: