Detailed description of the project
Since the start of operation of the WWTP in 1982 and subsequent extensions, the inlet flows have continued to increase, due to the population growth, especially during the summer season, reaching now, to equalize during the summer months, the design flows of the plant. It is therefore necessary to extend the treatment capacity of the treatment plant.
The daily volume of upgrading of the Torrevieja W.W.T.P. currently undertaken is 60,000 m3/day (300,000 habq).
The work includes:
- Adequacy on arrival site; new pre-treatment of 60,000 m3/day; and new pumping station
- Removal of sulphides and a new 7.524 m3 homogenization pond
- Primary settling, consisting of 4 gravity settlers
- Biological reactors, 1 new 2,478 m3 at the current plant, with anoxic zone of 779 m3 and aerated zone of 1,699 m3. In the Extension 3 new biological reactors of 9,720 m3 each, with anoxic area of 1,314 m3, optional area of 1,314 m3 and aeration area of 7,092 m3
- Secondary settling, consisting of 8 gravity settlers, 2 existing 25.00 m in diameter and 6 new 30 m.
- New elevations to tertiary and by-pass treatment and a new tertiary treatment consisting of nine (9) rapid pulsating sand filters
- New disinfection and by-pass facility
- Sludge Treatment: New pumping of digested sludge and flow measurement; New thickening of digested or mixed sludge, formed by 3 gravity thickeners of 18.00 m. and a new dehydration of sludge
- Ozone deodorization and refurbishment of all existing buildings on the plant
Type of services provided
– Project monitoring
– Topographic survey
– Measurement of construction units
– Monitoring and control of the evolution of the tasks to be performed in order to optimize the needs and costs of the work.
– Environmental monitoring
– Quality Control
Health and Safety Coordination:
– Ensure compliance with the principles of prevention and the safety and health plan
– Coordination of the control of the correct application of the work methods of the site