The aim of this project is to develop the hydraulic computational memory of the Basic Conceptual Design of the water catchment, pumping and conduction works from the Kukra and Silva rivers to the Bluefields PTAP.
In particular, the following aspects of the proposal are to be developed:
- The flooding study of the catchment area for a 100-year return period event, including the confluence of the Silva and Kukra rivers and the catchment works in both.
- The hydraulic dimensioning of the catchment works, which includes the catchment works in both channels, the dimensions of its elements – conditions of entry to the catchment chambers, de-sanding device, cleaning elements, etc. – and the driving that communicates both shots.
- Hydraulic calculations of the thrust, including the justification and selection of the pumping groups and the calculation of the line of impetus, where the following shall be determined:
- The selection of the economic diameter of the pipe, based on the construction and operating costs of the system.
- The transitional design of the system, as well as the establishment of the necessary protective devices against hydraulic transients.
- The selection of the pipe wall thickness based on the internal pressure to be supported by it.
- The mechanical calculation of the buried pipe.
- The design of reaction blocks and special crossings.