Detailed description of the project
The work consisted of the construction of an extension of the existing WWTP and a network of Collectors and Impulses next to the corresponding Pumping Stations for feeding the WWTP and the collector for the Reuse of Treated Water and another for Dumping into the Sea.
With the expansion of the WWTP, a water purification capacity was established for a flow of 60,000 m3/day (300,000 inhab-eq) and the set of pipes and pipes amounted to more than 50,000 m. The following actions were carried out:
All elements intended for the dehydration of the sludge generated in the W.W.T.P. were replaced. Sludge digestion was improved, including the remodeling of the building intended for this purpose, in addition to:
- Cover of sludge thickeners
- Screening of sludge
- Change pumps and drive lines
- Automation of main pumps for your operation
- Extension control building
- The fine grids were replaced by two sieves, and two compacting screws were placed at the roughing stages
A common odour removal system was provided for the sludge thickening areas, pre-treatment building and drying building.
Remodelling of collectors and discharge points through the construction of new sections of the same in the towns of Benidorm and Villajoyosa, in addition to the construction of a new drive to the Benidorm WWTP and the Villajoyosa WWTP.
Type of services provided
– Project monitoring
– Topographic survey
– Measurement of construction units
– Monitoring and control of the evolution of the tasks to be performed in order to optimize the needs and costs of the work
– Environmental monitoring
– Ensure that the principles of prevention and the health and safety plan are complied with when necessary at the worksite.
– Coordination and control of the correct application of the working methods of the construction site
– Quality control