Detailed description of the project
The existing treatment plant collects wastewater from the urban centres of Alginet, Almussafes, Benifaió and Sollana, and from their industrial estates, resulting in an essential infrastructure for the good ecological status of the Natural Park of L’Albufera de Valencia. This WWTP is designed to serve 199,000 equivalent inhabitants, with a flow rate of 34,100 m3/day. It has pretreatment, secondary treatment and dehydration of sludge. It is designed for the biological removal of nitrogen and phosphorus removal by physico-chemical treatment, but lacks tertiary treatment. With the current design of the WWTP, all the effluent produced reaches Lake Albufera; for this reason, the quality requirements for this effluent are specific and must take into account the limitations set by the current legislation and the conclusions of the latest studies carried out on this subject.
Lake L’Albufera needs a clean water flow to improve its current state and rehabilitate its water quality.
For this reason, the works that are undertaken are:
- Complete tertiary treatment: regulation tank, physicochemical treatment, lamellar decanter, sand filtration, microfiltration, UV disinfection, irrigation pond.
- Green filter: soft method for water purification, using artificial wetlands with macrophytes, to obtain water of the required quality.
This is intended to fill the gaps in existing sanitation and sewerage infrastructure. The aim is to reverse the current state of turbid water, dominated by phytoplankton, to a stable state of clear water dominated by aquatic vegetation.
Type of services provided
Technical Assistance to the Site Management:
– Project monitoring
– Topographic survey
– Measurement of construction units
– Monitoring and control of the evolution of the tasks to be performed in order to optimize the needs and costs of the work.
– Environmental monitoring
– Quality Control
– Ensure that the principles of prevention and the health and safety plan are complied with when necessary at the worksite.
– Coordination of the control of the correct application of the work methods of the site
Drafting of amended draft