Detailed description of the project
The objectives to be achieved by the Sanitation Entity with the realization of the actions of improvement in the existing WWTP of Vora Riu, are:
- Expansion of treatment capacity to absorb the growth of the municipality, both urban and industrial.
- Increased flexibility and guarantees of the purification process.
- Optimization of facilities to improve the quality of treated water, considering that the receiving channel, in this case the Millars River, is classified as a sensitive area.
The works being projected are, in essence, the following:
- New general collector (4,000 m): due to the insufficiency of the current general collector to drain all the sewage and rainwater flow generated in its catchment area, this collector also increases or decreases in section depending on the point, causing overflows during the rainy season
- Demolition of existing facilities
- Construction of the facilities of the new WWTP of Vora Riu (8,000 m3/day and 56,000 h-e).
The WWTP is composed of:
WATER LINE: Pretreatment of civil works that includes: sieving, desanding-degreasing and sand sorter; grease concentrator; two biological reactors bent carousel type of 7,060 m3 each; two cylindrical gravity decanters (clarifiers) of 23 m of inner diameter and 3.50 m of useful height. Tertiary treatment (Continuous backwash sand filtration – 2 lines; In-line UV disinfection – 2 lines; Chlorination in chamber) SLUDGE LINE: sludge pumping; a prefabricated flotation thickener; sludge conditioning (polyelectrolyte); sludge dewatering with a 5 m3/h centrifugal decanter; sludge transport to hopper.
Type of services provided
- Study of Landscape Integration
- Archaeological Study
- Acoustic Study
- Authorisation of Discharge
- Certificate of Urban Compatibility
- Study on waste management
- Floodability Study
- Memory and Annexes
- Specification of Technical Requirements
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Safety and Health Study