Detailed description of the project
The Municipality’s Master Plan for Exploitation includes the installation of a new water purification plant to eliminate the sporadic events of increased water turbidity and the presence of geosmin (a substance produced by some bacteria, which gives the water a taste and smell of mouldy soil). These events occur in summer due to the increase in temperature. For this reason, a water purification plant for 8,000 m3/day is designed, easily expandable in order to be able to serve the demands related to forecasts of future population growth, facilitating its expansion from 8,000 m3/day to 16,000 m3/day.
The works planned are: replacement of pipes and new ETAP of La Nucia, which will consist of a single water treatment line for a maximum flow of 333 l/s. The works designed consist of:
- Replacement of the current supply pipe (DN250) to the Tosal reservoir by a new pipe of DN400. To carry out this replacement, it is necessary to carry out a guided leg of 60 m under the CV70.
- Diversion of supply pipes to the reservoir Tosal of the water of the Consortium and the well Rotes. New pipelines and motorized valves DN200 and DN350 are installed to carry out diversion and mixing, and to be able to carry out treatment from two sources of supply.
- Input box
- Mixing chamber and dosing of coagulant
- Dosing of powdered activated carbon
- Filtration in sand bed
Type: vertical open continuous washing
No. of filters: 6
- Pumping of water recovery from washing of sand filters
- Sludge line:
Pumping of Purged Sludge from the Decantation.
Thickening by gravity.
Drainage of runoff from the centrifuge
Storage of Dehydrated Sludge.
Recovery of headwaters.
Type of services provided
- Memory and Annexes
- Specification of Technical Requirements
- Safety and Health Study