The work involved a study of the needs and resources of Zone XIV, as well as their interaction with demography, geology, hydrology, urban planning, transport constraints and protected natural areas, with a view to obtaining suitable indicative areas for the location of waste recovery and disposal facilities in the region. The analysis and diagnosis of the information resulted in the drafting of the Zonal Plan.
Zone XIV waste facilities should be able to treat 125,000 tonnes/year of MSW in bulk from Zone XIV and an additional 50,000 tonnes/year from Zone XV, for a total population of 205,815.
The other operations to be carried out by treatment plants are as follows:
- Recovery of selective organic matter of 15,000 Tm/year.
- Recovery of pruning and gardening waste of 2,000 Tm/year.
- Transfer of municipal waste of 34,000 tonnes/year.
Disposal of waste or non-recoverable fractions of 66,000 tonnes/year.
- Classification and treatment of furniture, mattresses and other items of 900 Tm/year.
- Classification of waste electrical and electronic equipment of 800 Tm/year.
- Construction and demolition waste management of 18,000 Tm/year.
Type of services provided
Drafting of technical documentation:
- Demographic study.
- Study of waste generation.
- Geological – geotechnical study.
- Environmental impact study.
- Urban planning study.
- Hydrological and hydraulic study.
- Study of land uses.
- Acoustic study.
- Study of the availability of resources.
Drafting of the administrative clauses and prerequisites of Zonal Plan XIV.