Detailed description of the project
The works carried out consist of the extension of the Quart-Benáger WWTP, so that a tertiary treatment for the design flow, 60,000 m3/d (300,000 inhab-eq) is incorporated into it.
The works have consisted of:
- Interception of the outlet water of the secondary decanters prior to its passage to disinfection; diverting it to the tertiary, by means of a DN-900 VFRP conduction.
- PHYSICAL-CHEMICAL TREATMENT (4 lines):The treatment consists of a pre-coagulation-flocculation process, where the coagulant (alumina sulphate) is dosed, as well as the flocculant (polyelectrolyte); and a lamellar settling zone, where the water rises along a battery of lamellas, collected in stainless steel channels, to be finally collected in a central channel of civil works. The slats are sergeant-type, 1’20 m high, with an inclination of 60 Degrees. The decanters have been covered with PRFV sheet supported on PRFV profiles. In the area immediately before the decanters, a collection of floats has been arranged.
- FILTRATION TREATMENT (4 lines): The proposed treatment is a gravity filtration on multilayer granular bed, with prefabricated Leopold “S” type support. The water produced from the four lines is collected in a filtered water chamber at the bottom of the filtration building.
The building also houses the filter washing system, using water and pressurized air, which acts as an increase in load loss associated with the clogging of the filters is detected. In the product water chamber there is also a pump for restitution to disinfection.
Type of services provided
– Initial review of the construction project; geotechnical, structural, hydraulic and equipment levels.
– Control of the execution of the work, with permanent presence on site.
– Quality control of materials in civil works: earth, concrete, steels; according to the Quality Control Plan adopted on site
– Quality control of Equipment: specifications, suppliers
– Quantitative control of the work: carrying out measurements and preparation of Work Certificates.
– Technical support to construction management, in decision-making regarding construction modifications
– Support to the construction management in the preparation of administrative documentation for the construction file.
– Completion of specific Construction Reports in those aspects indicated by the Construction Management
– Safety and health coordination