Detailed description of the project
In view of the operational difficulties of both treatment plants and the forecast of a continuous population growth in the area, it became necessary to build two new plants conditioned by forecasts of future flow growth, as well as the proximity of the Natural Park of the Lagunas de Santa Pola, where effluent is discharged when it is not used for irrigation and where eutrophication must be prevented.
The treatment plants at Algorós (24,000 m3/day; 198,000 hab-eq) and Carrizales (744 m3/day; 3,400 hab-eq) were expanded. The following tasks were carried out:
– Expansion of arrival site; new pumping at head; and expansion of pre-treatment.
– Enlargement Primary Treatment
– Enlargement Secondary Treatment with reduction of nutrients
– Lamellar Decantation
– Biological treatment (ORBAL system)
– Installation of a Tertiary Treatment:
– Physical-chemical treatment
– UV disinfection
– Chlorination and Storage Tank
– Sludge treatment:
– Extension of sludge thickening; extension of sludge stabilization and extension of the mechanical sludge dehydration system
– recirculation pumping and sludge purging; as well as thickening and dehydration
Type of services provided
Technical Assistance to the Site Management:
– Project monitoring
– Topographic survey
– Measurement of construction units
– Monitoring and control of the evolution of the tasks to be performed in order to optimize the needs and costs of the work.
– Environmental monitoring
– Quality Control
– Ensure that the principles of prevention and the health and safety plan are complied with when necessary at the worksite.
– Coordination of the control of the correct application of the work methods of the site