The work consisted of drafting the Construction Project and the Modified Project for the new operating cell of a municipal solid waste landfill, with an approximate budget of €6,313,925.83.
The Elche landfill serves an equivalent population of 325,490 inhabitants, corresponding to the Zonal Waste Plan of Zone XVIII of the Valencian Community.
The total approximate capacity of the new landfill cell is 1,500,000 m3.
The main features of the project are:
- Waterproofing of the landfill with:
- 135,000 m2 of HDPE sheets.
- 118,000 m3 of clays with permeability less than 10-9 m/s.
- 270,000 m2 of geotextiles.
- 58,000 m3 of draining gravel.
- Leachate drainage with 1,300 m of PVC pipes.
- Leachate pond with a capacity of 1,590 m3, built with:
- 300 m3 of structural concrete.
- 26 Tm of steel for reinforcement.
- Unidirectional forging of 540 m2.
Type of services provided
- Topographic survey.
- Geological-geotechnical study.
- Study of slope stability.
- Hydrological and hydraulic study.
Drafting of construction project and modified project:
- Memory and annexes.
- Specific technical specifications.
- Safety and health study.
- Leachate generation.
- Processing of the Integrated Environmental Authorization.
- Remediation plan for aquifer pollution.
- Optimization of exploitation.
- Study of landscape integration.