The work consisted of drafting the reform project for a new operating theatre at the Hospital de la Ribera, including the equipment and facilities for air conditioning, domestic hot water, medicinal gases and electrical wiring. The total built building area is 155.53 m2.
The building is in use and with all the facilities in perfect working order, but the new medical needs necessitate the creation of a new operating theatre. The building has three floors high in some blocks and six in others. It has a mainly elongated plant to which two longitudinal blocks are intertwined.
A new air treatment unit will be available, located in the technical room on the third floor.
The work consisted of:
- Demolition and redistribution of spaces.
- Demolition of all existing distribution and facilities to implement new facilities appropriate to requirements.
- Calculation of structures and reinforcements.
- Installation of air conditioning and ventilation.
- It is necessary to equip the new surgical unit with medicinal gases, so from the nearest collector or from the indicated point, a new ducting will be made by copper tube.
- A new air treatment unit will be available, located in the technical room on the third floor.
- Electrical facilities.
- The low-voltage installations required for the new surgical unit are implemented in compliance with ITC BT 38.
- Telecommunications facilities.
- The new voice and data outlets to be installed both in the operating room and in the different rooms attached to the same object of this project, will be wired to the existing floor distributor. The cabling to be used shall be UTP category 6.
- The new surgical area will have a public address system, using loudspeakers, this network must be implemented in the public address network of the hospital.
- Fire protection equipment.