Detailed description of the project
The project is being developed in the Marina Baja region (19 municipalities), with an area of 579 km2 and 180,000 inhabitants.
There are two hydrological basins (Amadorio and Algar rivers), regulated by reservoirs.
Work performed includes:
- Coordination and participation: Multidisciplinary team (CHJ, Universities and Engineering Consultants), Information Sources (Administrations of different areas, state, regional and local) and Parallel Works (National Floodplain Mapping System and Flood Defense Master Plan in the Marina Alta).
- Inventory of flood zones, detecting 13 flood zones and 31 hot spots.
- Environmental processing, assessing the foreseeable effects on the environment and territorial planning.
- Preliminary analysis, which includes geomorphological, pluviometric, hydrological and hydraulic studies of the basin.
- Analysis of Solutions, which distinguishes between:
– Structural actions: lamination structures, riverbed conditioning, hydrological-forestry restoration, drainage improvement, etc.
– Non-structural: risk mapping, civil protection activities, land use planning, insurance programs, education and information.
- Drafting of the Flood Defense Master Plan. Including the Civil Protection Plan Support Guidelines and the Dissemination and Presentation of the Master Plan.
Type of services provided
In addition to the Plan Coordination and Supervision activities, the following detailed work is carried out:
– Mapping using LIDAR technology.
– Detailed topography of strategic infrastructures (highways, road works, railroads, etc.).
– Geomorphological study.
– Pluviometric study.
– Hydrological simulation with the TETIS model.
– Hydraulic simulation with INFOWORKS RS.
– Inventory of points with flooding problems.
– Strategic Environmental Assessment.
– Interactions with Urban Planning.
– Damage and Vulnerability Study.
– Study of Solutions.
– Drafting of the Flood Defense Master Plan.
– Dissemination and Presentation of the Plan